Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Could I Stay Away?"





Should I stay away from love's garden?
Could I even if I tried?
Reading you feel you don’t know me,
came as an unexpected surprise
Knowing you felt safe with me,
gave me a sheer force of will to survive …

The garden of the heart and soul
needs a caring gardener’s passionate touch
A moment left me shyly withdrawn and wondering,
being tested by passing season’s lessons of trust
Tender loving caretakers breathe in every breath knowing
the heart needs a home ...

Was the world spinning around so fast,
I missed the season's fleeting time?
Seasons can change so quickly,
the patient do not even notice when or why, 
you feel like you're constantly left swimming 
alone against the tide ...

A garden of love flourishes from deep within
the spirit of the heart of soul
Never afraid of making love ~
with the earth beneath our nails 
The desires thriving within our passion  
are harmonious euphoric dreams left untold ...

 Love has a living fostered heart
You never see the warning signs
Budding spirits blossom 
through compassionate nurturing,
deeply rooting what naturally
blooms over needed time ...

In the silence of the garden of happiness,
embrace  the peace that’s found within
Knowing if I stay here forever,
won't you listen to my heart's song ?
How will you know 
when you hear my voice calling in the wind?

Will you feel the rhythm of the heartbeat of my soul?
 Should I stay away from love's sacred garden?
Could I even if I tried?
Please whisper in the gentle breeze 
your heart of gold's reply ~

Speaking softly I sigh to you ...
" You are my home " 


Harlon Rivers…January, 2013